If you’re a WordPress user, you may find yourself needing to make changes to the HTML code of your website at some point. Whether it’s for customization, troubleshooting, or adding specific functionality, having the ability to edit HTML can be quite useful.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of editing HTML in the WordPress code editor, so you can make the necessary modifications to your website’s code and achieve the desired results.
Key Advantages of Editing HTML in WordPress
Editing HTML in WordPress offers several benefits that contribute to the flexibility and customization of your website. Here are the key advantages:
- Enhanced Customization: Editing HTML allows you to have precise control over the appearance and layout of your website. You can customize various elements, such as fonts, colors, spacing, and more, to match your brand and design preferences.
- Code-Level Control: By accessing the HTML code, you can make advanced modifications to your website’s functionality. This includes adding custom scripts, integrating third-party tools, or implementing specific features that are not available through regular WordPress settings.
- Troubleshooting and Bug Fixing: In some cases, issues or errors may arise in your WordPress theme or plugins. Being able to edit the HTML code empowers you to identify and fix problems more effectively. You can remove conflicting code, correct formatting issues, or resolve compatibility problems.
- Optimized SEO and Accessibility: HTML editing allows you to optimize your website for search engines and improve accessibility. You can add appropriate meta tags, optimize heading tags, implement schema markup, and ensure proper semantic structure, all of which contribute to better search engine rankings and user experience.
- Greater Flexibility: The ability to edit HTML gives you more freedom to experiment and implement unique design elements. You can create custom page templates, design unique layouts, or build custom widgets to meet your specific requirements. This flexibility enables you to differentiate your website and stand out from the crowd.
Overall, editing HTML in the WordPress block editor provides you with greater control, customization options, and troubleshooting capabilities, ultimately enhancing your website’s functionality, appearance, and performance.
Editing HTML in the WordPress Block Editor
Editing HTML in the WordPress block editor is just breeze, all you just need to follow the below-mentioned guidelines to learn HTML editing in the WordPress.
First of all, navigate to post or page, click on the “+” icon, enter “HTML” to search the “Custom HTML” block.
Now, write the HTML in the given box, you can see see the changes by clicking on the “Preview”.
The HTML Code:
HTML Code Preview:
You can edit the HTML code of particular block, just click on the three-dots appears on the editor toolbar then click on “Edit as HTML”.
The HTML code of that block will appear on your screen, you can make changes as required.
You can see the changes that you made in your HTML code by clicking on the “Edit visually”.
If you want to edit HTML of entire page then click on the three-dots appears on the right side corner and click on the “Code Editor”.
In conclusion, the ability to edit HTML in the WordPress code editor provides you with greater control and flexibility over your website’s design and functionality. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can confidently make HTML edits to your WordPress theme and achieve the desired customization. Just remember to approach code editing with care and always back up your files before making any changes.